[Dovecot] New userdb backend for checkpassword like programs

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Mon Oct 20 20:57:01 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

> On Oct 20, 2008, at 8:00 PM, Sascha Wilde wrote:
>
>> My solution:
>>
>>    1. The userdb-only checkpassword script sees no AUTHORIZED in the
>>       environment and returns with an exit code != 0[0]
>
> You assume that the script actually checks this.

More than that, I defined that it MUST do so.
As you said, it's a new variant, so _we_ can define how it has to behave.

> There's no requirement that a userdb-only script needs to bother doing
> it. The use of AUTHORIZED environment is necessary only if the script
> wants to handle both passdb and userdb.

But you are requiring the userdb-only checkpassword program to set
AUTHORIZED (or any other environment variable) to a specific value.  Why
should a developer ignoring my requirement bother to obey yours?

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/