[Dovecot] Per user mail quota via LDAP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 20 19:33:54 EEST 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 7:27 PM, Proskurin Kirill wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>> I edit my static db to this(from wiki):
>> You need to use userdb ldap then.
>
> I actual use it and it work well.

But do you now have both static and ldap userdb? You can only use one
(for one user). If you've static userdb defined before ldap userdb,
it's used always and ldap userdb is ignored.

> I try to add this in dovecot-ldap.conf:
> user_attrs = mailQuotaSize=quota_rule=*:storage=%$M

That looks correct. You'll also need to put the other stuff in your
current static userdb elsewhere (mail_uid, mail_gid, mail_location for
uid/gid/mail and for home you could user ldap attribute templates, see http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP)
.