[Dovecot] New userdb backend for checkpassword like programs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 20 19:12:24 EEST 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 7:08 PM, Sascha Wilde wrote:

> I understand the idea now, but see above: we need the (userdb only)
> checkpassword script to follow our rules anyway, so instead of doing
> magic to the environment and checking for this in checkpassword-
> reply it
> should be sufficient for the script to fail if AUTHORIZED wasn't set.
>
> Or am I missing something?

The problem is that you said that AUTHORIZED is set automatically when
userdb checkpassword script is called. So the script doesn't have to
set it manually. That makes the script automatically work as userdb
script (because AUTHORIZED is set automatically) and as passdb script
(because AUTHORIZED isn't set automatically). That kind of breaks the
idea.