[Dovecot] regarding dovecot.index.cache

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 19 02:23:38 EEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 13:21 +0530, Dhaval Thakar wrote:
> > If mails were delivered using Dovecot's deliver, it would update the
> > cache file (as long as the user had logged in at least once so Dovecot
> > would know what fields need to be cached).
> >
> hi,
>
> i have configured lda for qmail & it works fine for some time.
> later its stops working with the following error on qmail-send logs
> deferral: preline:_fatal:_child_crashed/

I don't know what qmail tries to say with this, but "child crashed"
really sounds like a segfault or assert-crash.

> on google i found may be caused due to corruption of dovecot.index,
> after deletion of dovecot.index file it works fine.

OK, but..

> following is dovecot-deliver.log
> deliver(mailadmin at xyz): Error: Corrupted header in file
> /home/vpopmail/domains/xyz/A/mailadmin/Maildir/dovecot-uidlist (version = 3)

This error is about dovecot-uidlist, not about index files. The uidlist
corruption should be much more rare than index corruption..

Do you have any other errors in logs? What errors get repeated?

> mail_plugins: quota imap_quota trash

Trash plugin is a bit broken. You could try if it works without it. I'll
also release v1.1.5 soon that fixes it.