[Dovecot] Sendmail and deliver LDA exits with EX_TEMPFAIL on overquota

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 18 13:31:50 EEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 22:30 +0300, Sotiris Tsimbonis wrote:
> > That should be the default. "quota_full_tempfail" setting controls it,
> > do you have it commented out in the config file? (unfortunately lda
> > section isn't listed with dovecot -n)
> >

> Sorry, I forgot to include this part..
> Unfortunately I've set it to no, that's the problem..
>
> protocol lda {
>    postmaster_address = postmaster at forthnet.gr
>    mail_plugins = quota
>    quota_full_tempfail = no

Well, the problem is again deliver's own stupid configuration parsing.
It doesn't know that quota_full_tempfail is a boolean setting, so it
treats "no" as "yes". Just remove/comment out the setting entirely and
it should work.

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/f8e6d1922280 also fixes this. And
hopefully v1.3 will have rewritten config handling which finally gets
rid of these kind of problems.