[Dovecot] 1.2: Bug in listing of shared mailboxes with dot in user id

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Fri Oct 17 16:18:08 EEST 2008

In dovecot 1.2 I can create a shared name space like this:

namespace shared {
  separator = /
  prefix = users/%%u/
  location = Maildir:/PATH/TO/spool/%%u/maildir:INDEX=/PATH/TO/spool/%u/maildir/shared_idx
  subscriptions = no
}

now, when I subscribe to a shared mailbox of another user with an dot in
the users id, like: users/2 at example.com/INBOX/foo and I list my
subscribed mailboxes I get:

l001 lsub "" "*"
* LSUB () "/" "users/2 at example/com/INBOX/foo"

as you can see the dot in the user-id got normalized to the hierarchy
seperator `/' -- which of cause is wrong.  ;-)

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/