[Dovecot] Multiple maildirs

Thu Oct 16 18:12:08 EEST 2008

On 10/16/2008 11:01 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 10:29 -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> On 10/16/2008 10:12 AM, Vassilis Vatikiotis wrote:
>>> Unfortunately no, and this is a Postfix limitation. Postfix has a
>>> hardcoded upper limit for mbox sizes, which is 2GB on 32bit machines,
>> I really don't think that is correct - it is more a filesystem
>> limitation. I don't think Postfix cares how big the mbox files are.

> Probably compiled with 32bit off_t, which prevents opening files >2GB.
> Compiling with 64bit off_t should be pretty easy with Linux, but I don't
> know if Postfix can be configured to do that without modifying Makefile
> manually (-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64).

Ah, thanks for the correction/explanation...

I guess then that this is essentially a 32-bit filesystem limitation? Or
are you saying that you could still compile postfix like this even on a
32 bit system?

I'm also guessing that postfix running on a 64 bit system would normally
be compiled this way...?

--

Best regards,

Charles