[Dovecot] imap segfaults in dovecot 1.2 on logout

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Wed Oct 15 18:25:48 EEST 2008

Sascha Wilde <wilde at intevation.de> writes:
> when logging out like
>
> a001 logout
>
> the imap child dies from signal 11.  The back trace looks like this:

> 0xb7ed4991 in strcasecmp () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xb7ed4991 in strcasecmp () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
> #1  0x0806ab6c in command_unregister (name=0x815b9ab "LOGOUT") at commands.c:83

Could this be the same issue as the one in
http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-October/034211.html ?
If so, it appears to be a bug in the ACL plugin.

I recall having a similar problem with the Annotation plugin.  IIRC it had
something to do with not unregistering commands properly when the plugin
was unloaded.  In that case the array of known commands retains dangling
pointers to the names of the commands that point to the unloaded shared object
file.

  Bernhard

--
Bernhard Herzog  |  ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/