[Dovecot] Initial support for shared mailboxes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 11 10:58:03 EEST 2008

On Oct 11, 2008, at 10:52 AM, Sascha Wilde wrote:

>> I have made a first rough sketch of the userdb-checkpassword back
>> end,
>> basically by copying the code of the passdb version.  Now I stumbled
>> upon the note "FIXME: if we ever do some other kind of forking, this
>> needs fixing" in sigchld_handler().
>>
>> The only problem I experienced is, that the handler dosen't return,
>> when
>> the signaling child wasn't listed in the modules clients -- but
>> simply
>> replacing the continue with return like this:
>
> Please ignore this statement -- wrong test, wrong result ...
>
> The proposed change is not sufficient, the only reason why my test
> didn't fail was, that I used an other passdb backend, so that my
> userdb
> backend was the only one registering a SIGCHILD handler...

This might be helpful:

http://hg.dovecot.org/icecap/file/401c2bc71594/src/lib/child-wait.h
http://hg.dovecot.org/icecap/file/401c2bc71594/src/lib/child-wait.c

Idea would be that you'd have two child_waits, one for passdb and one
for userdb. Then you'd add all the PIDs to that wait structure. I
guess it should also have a plain child_wait_new() without a PID.