[Dovecot] Password scheme module thoughts?

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Sat Oct 11 10:05:16 EEST 2008

Hi, all.

I have successfully deployed the code I wrote to handle Post.Office
password hashes.  However, I had to implement it as a hack to
password-scheme.c.  I'd like to implement it as a module so I don't have
to hack Dovecot whenever a new release comes out.  However, I had a few
thoughts:

1.  I used Dovecot's own MD5 routines in my implementation because I
know how they behave.  However, would it make sense to distribute the C
sources for the MD5 routines, or would it make far more sense to have a
Dovecot build tree already (so I can use Dovecot's function library)?

2.  Is there good documentation for Dovecot's plugin API?  I need it so
I can figure out how to write the parts which the main program call so
then the code can be used as a plugin.

Thanks!

--Ian.

--
Ian R. Justman
UNIX hacker.  Anime fan.  Any questions?