[Dovecot] shared mailboxes in 1.2 question

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Wed Oct 8 17:33:25 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:
> On Oct 6, 2008, at 7:24 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> users after imap search, otherwise you always need some admin (
>> perhaps
>> with shell permissions ) for editing subcriptions and acls which not
>
> Actually the SUBSCRIBE IMAP command is enough to make the mailboxes
> visible, no admin/shell access needed.

This doesn't work for me.

Actually the whole new shared namespaces feature doesn't work as
expected for me.  Using this namespace configuration:

namespace shared {
  separator = /
  # %%u gets expanded to the remote user. Instead of %%u you can
  # also use %%n and %%d.
  prefix = users/%%u/
  location = Maildir:/kolab/var/dovecot/spool/%%u/maildir:INDEX=/kolab/var/dovecot/spool/%u/maildir/shared_idx
  #location = Maildir:/kolab/var/dovecot/spool/%%u/maildir
  subscriptions = no
}

I get errors when using list:

l002 list "" "*"
* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX/Calendar"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX/Contacts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX/Journal"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX/Notes"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX/Tasks"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX/bla"
l002 NO Unknown internal list error

And cant subscribe or select an existing mailbox of another user:

s001 subscribe "users/1 at example.com/INBOX/blablabla"
s001 NO Invalid mailbox name: users/1 at example.com/INBOX/blablabla

FWIW referencing an non existent mailbox causes an different error:

s002 subscribe "users/1 at example.com/blablabla"
s002 NO [TRYCREATE] Mailbox doesn't exist: users/1 at example.com/blablabla

s102 select users/1 at example.com/INBOX/blablabla
* OK [CLOSED]
s102 NO Invalid mailbox name

> And IMAP ACL commands are (at least partially) already implemented by
> Kolab people.

Yes, look at http://hg.intevation.de/kolab/dovecot-1.2_acl-branch as
announced...  ;-)

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/