[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.x or 1.2, which way to go for Kolab Server?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 7 15:15:38 EEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 13:08 +0200, Sascha Wilde wrote:
> was written the other day we started to use Dovecot 1.2 for our Kolab
> with Dovecot project, but it turned out that there are quite a bunch of
> issues with 1.2 (which is ok, as it hasn't even been announced as beta
> till now).

I'd like to hear these issues, since I'm not aware of any v1.2-specific
bugs.

> How far from being production ready is 1.2 in your view?

Depends on how fast people report bugs to me.. I've been using it for my
mails without problems for weeks. And about 3 other people also reported
in the last few days that they're running it for their small mail
servers.

> How hard would it be to get the shared folder/namespace stuff in 1.1.x?
> (or for that matter: who much harder than to do it in 1.2?)

It requires some mail-storage API changes. I'm not sure if those would
be easy to backport to v1.1.