[Dovecot] Help - I keep getting LSUB permission denied

Don Steiny steiny at infopoint.com
Mon Oct 6 07:40:03 EEST 2008

Hi,

    I am using dovecot: 1.0.rc15

    I was upgrading Debian and installed new versions of lots of things.
My mail came fine and I though there was not problem until a user called
and said it was not working through webmail.  I tried, it it worked fine
and I realized the problem was with dovecot.  I have created new users,
tried different UIDs. Removed any protections but when I telnet to the
port, I get this:

a02 LSUB "" "*"
* LSUB () "/" "Trash"
* LSUB () "/" "Junk"
* LSUB () "/" "Sent"
* LSUB () "/" "Junk E-mail"
* LSUB () "/" "INBOX/Sent"
* LSUB () "/" "INBOX/Trash"
* LSUB () "/" "INBOX/Drafts"
a002 NO Permission denied

when I do it on my account, I get:

* LSUB () "/" "INBOX/Sent"
* LSUB () "/" "INBOX/Trash"
* LSUB () "/" "INBOX/Drafts"
a002 OK Lsub completed.

I have tried making the directory 777, checked the owners.  Copied my
Maildir into the other user's to see if I could figure out what could be
going on, but I still get the same behavior.

HELP, my user needs his mail.

THANKS

-Don