[Dovecot] v1.2.alpha2 released

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Oct 6 01:24:08 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> http://dovecot.org/releases/1.2/alpha/dovecot-1.2.alpha2.tar.gz
> http://dovecot.org/releases/1.2/alpha/dovecot-1.2.alpha2.tar.gz.sig
>
> Mainly the same fixes as in v1.1.3 -> v1.1.4 plus some more
> v1.2-specific fixes.
>
> Not many people have been testing v1.2 releases. Wonder if there's
> something I could do to improve that. I guess v1.2 is kind of missing
> those killer features that would get a lot of people to try it. :)
>
> I've slowly started working on replication, but I've been pretty busy
> with school recently. I'm hoping to become a bit less busy when some of
> the courses end in a few weeks, but then again I should also write my
> B.Sc. essay ("Scalable high-performance email setups" in Finnish) before
> christmas and that'll probably take some time if I want to do it well.

Hi Timo,

i ve been testing 1.2 since your first release
and found several problems which i reported and had been fixed
as it takes time to program and fix for you, it takes time
to test until you have new features included
and give you qualified feedback.

Testing means lots of playing with with confs and
clients and looking into logs

Thx for your hard work on dovecot,
and first things first, there are stable
dovecot versions no need to hurry to get into 1.2

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria