[Dovecot] Unable To Move IMAP Folder (Dovecot)

Thu Oct 2 13:51:18 EEST 2008

On 10/1/2008 6:40 PM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Carlos Williams wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:43 PM, pod <pod at herald.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> Maybe you need to subscribe to your new "test" folder from your
>>> Thunderbird session.
>>
>> I am not sure I follow. When I am in Thunderbird and I create a new
>> "subfolder" under my Inbox, it shows up on the emal server as:
>>
>> /home/user/Maildir/.new_folder
>>
>> When I do this from the client, I don't think I force my client
>> (Thunderbird) to subscribe to the folder. When I "cp" the folder from
>> the server, do I need to force the my client to subscribe?
>
> I believe in Thunderbird there is a setting (the default) to
> automatically subscribe to 'Thunderbird' newly created folders.

Actually, the only setting I know of in Tbird for handling subscribed
folders is:

Account Settings > Server Settings > Advanced > Show only subscribed
folders (checkbox)

There is a setting for automatically setting new folders to 'offline' mode.

--

Best regards,

Charles