[Dovecot] Unable To Move IMAP Folder (Dovecot)

Carlos Williams carloswill at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 22:18:38 EEST 2008

I have a user who has a folder in his Maildir/ called "test"

/home/user/Maildir/.test

This folder shows up as a sub folder to his Inbox on his Thunderbird
client and I tried using the "cp" command to move this over to my
Maildir/ directory on the same server and when I launch Thunderbird,
that folder is not visible for me. I made sure permissions are correct
and even reloaded Dovecot.

mail:/home/user/Maildir# cp -R .test/ /home/me/Maildir/

mail:/home/user/Maildir# chown -R me:users .test/

The permissions and ownership seem to be identical to all the folders
I created as subfolders myself but for some reason, I can NOT see
"test/".

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?