[Dovecot] UIDL question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 28 18:25:05 EET 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 00:15 +0800, Wouter van der Schagt wrote:
> > With v1.1 you can add POP3 UIDLs fo dovecot-uidlist. For example if
> > you have mailbox with UIDVALIDITY 1234 and then entries:
> > You can add their %v.%u UIDL:
> > 123 P1234.123 :file1
> > 124 P1234.124 :file2
>
> > i.e. P followed by the UIDL.
>
> That sounds good, however, when i have the following dovecot-uidlist file...

> 25360 P1146473021.25360 :1227888318.000000.mbox,S=37351:2,

This mixes v3 syntax with v1 syntax, won't work.

> 3 V1146473021 N25627 1146473021 25449

This is more like what the header should look like, except for the extra
two fields.

> IE: the header is different, if the first is the version number, where can i
> find more information on the syntax to use in v3?

I'm not sure if I've documented it anywhere. Anyway, the header is
simple:

3 Vuidvalidity Nnext-uid

Where uidvalidity and next-uid are exactly the same as in v1 (1
uidvalidity next-uid). The records are as you tried to use them
originally.