[Dovecot] ManageSieve and invalid scriptname

Miguel Filho miguel.filho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 13:36:40 EET 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:16 AM, Steffen Kaiser
<skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

> I guess you've configured avelsieve to place the script right into the home
> directory of the user rather than through ManageSieve, right? Therefore
> Managesieve detects that this script is alien and keeps its hands off.

No, avelsieve is a squirrelmail plugin to create a sieve script. It
talks to a ManageSieve daemon, in my case pysieved. pysieved puts the
scripts in ~/.sieve and links ~/.dovecot.sieve do the current script
in ~/.sieve.

> So Avelsieve will manage, whatever Managesieve places there, and Managesieve
> does not detect the alien interference.

Avelsieve doesn't manage anything, pysieved does.

> b) remove the name check from the demon.

That is what I'm asking :-D

> But why are you using two sieve management interfaces?

I'm not. I'm testing the ManageSieve patch and preparing to replace
pysieved, because it lacks encryption and I need to open direct access
to it for my users.

Regards,

Miguel