[Dovecot] Error message in logs since 1.1.6 upgrade

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 21 21:55:18 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 16:10 +0000, Guy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got two imap boxes, one is running 1.1.5 and hasn't exhibited the
> error below, but the one that's been upgraded to 1.1.6 is showing
> them.
>
> Nov 14 16:06:31 mink dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth
> attempts): rip=x.x.x.x, lip=x.x.x.x, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept()
> failed: error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed
> or bad record mac

There weren't any SSL related changes between v1.1.5 and v1.1.6. Perhaps
you upgraded OpenSSL library or you compiled Dovecot differently?

You could verify this not being directly Dovecot's problem by
recompiling v1.1.5 and seeing if the same problem happens there now too.

Or are you sure this is really even a problem? The above shows the
reason why client was disconnected, it doesn't necessarily mean that
there's anything wrong on the server side. Perhaps before you just
didn't have any broken clients then?