[Dovecot] Mailbox Hashing

Fri Nov 14 21:41:04 EET 2008

On 11/14/2008, Kyle Wheeler (kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net) wrote:
> FUD would be "a strategic attempt to influence public opinion by
> disseminating negative (and vague) information."

Well, no need to be pedantic about it... ;)

>> The fact is, I've been using reiserfs on numerous boxes for many
>> years with ZERO problems.

> Excellent! What kind of systems are we talking about?

Nothing fancy... single and dual opteron mostly, with 3ware RAID crds
(don't use/recommend those any more - much prefer Areca now)

> How heavily loaded?

Nothing special here either... so I'd say low to moderate loads...

> Did you use it with LVM?

Yes, on most of them...

> Did you ever have to use the recovery tools? How well did they work?

Never had to use them (knock on wood)... :)

--

Best regards,

Charles