[Dovecot] Courier->dovecot migration script

Ulrich Zehl ulrich-dovecot at topfen.net
Wed Nov 12 14:11:58 EET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 01:12:45PM +0200, Warren Baker wrote:
> I just need to confirm that the script
> (http://www.dovecot.org/tools/courier-dovecot-migrate.pl) only works
> for Dovecot v1.0 and not for v1.1?
> As the dovecout-uidlist file that is created (by the script) is not in
> the same format as dovecot-uidlist file that is created by the 1.1.6
> server.

The migration script generates the files using uidlist format "Version 1".
While Dovecot 1.1.x normally uses "Version 3" format, it can also read the
older formats (to maintain backward compability), and thus auto-convert it
to the newest version.

FWIW, we have used version 1.1.7 of the script for our Couier to Dovecot
1.1.x migration, and it worked well, execpt for cases where Couier's
uidlist was too old.

Ulrich