[Dovecot] Install Configuring and run.

Marko Weber marko.weber at salondigital.de
Wed Nov 12 00:10:48 EET 2008

Hello Thorsten ,
sorry then again ........
details:  i got dspam working, it now scans incoming mails and tag them
in the headers.

so far okay.

i emerged dovecot-antispam. and thought its easy going , just paste the
code snippet of man dovecot-antispam to the
imap section in the dovecot.conf . but thats not all i think.

i thought now, when moving a mail from incoming to SPAM something
happens, but  despam.dbug and /var/log/messages dont show anything happen.

i did this in the dovecot.conf =

 mail_plugins = antispam
  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/imap

  plugin {

        antispam_trash = trash;Trash;Deleted Items;Deleted Messages
        antispam_spam = SPAM;Spam
        antispam_dspam_binary = /usr/bin/dspam
        antispam_dspam_args = --user;%u

        }

but as told above , moving mails into folder SPAM or from SPAM to
incoming dont causes any action the log.files

when i retstart dovecot i got following output on screen =

/etc/init.d/dovecot restart
Warning: Growing pool 'settings' with: 8192
 * Stopping dovecot
[ ok ]
Warning: Growing pool 'settings' with: 8192
 * Starting dovecot ...
Warning: Growing pool 'settings' with: 8192
ILoading modules from directory: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
WGrowing pool 'module loader' with: 2048
IModule loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap/lib90_antispam_plugin.so
IEffective uid=65534, gid=65534, home=
WGrowing pool 'antispam-pool' with:
2048
[ ok ]

dovecot is running after restart and fully working, accepting mails ,
sending mails all oke.

dunno if i told before to you, i use postfix-dovecot-mysql setup,
virtual users & domains

if you need any other config file or info lemme know.
i really want this nice tool to get working.

thank you

marko