[Dovecot] First release (v0.1.0) of the new Sieve implementation for Dovecot v1.2

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Nov 11 02:02:11 EET 2008

Edgar Fuß schreef:
>> Oh yes sorry, indeed ./configure generates dovecot-config.in from
>> dovecot-config.in.in (been a while since I looked at this). Upon
>> executing 'make' it is transformed into the definitive dovecot-config
>> using the following make rule (Makefile.am in top Dovecot source dir):
> Yes, after (pkgsrc) make build it's there.
>
>> For compilation of these tools and the testsuite, the fully built sources
>> are needed because the Dovecot static libraries are linked
> But these are all in .../lib/dovecot (/usr/pkg/lib/dovecot, in my case),
> aren't they?
Normally, the Dovecot libraries are not installed (just compiled in to
the various executables). Unless something was changed in the Makefile
structure, that is still the case at your end. But, I have no experience
with BSD or pkgsrc whatsoever, so I really wouldn't know for sure.

>> If you care only for the Sieve plugin, this should not not matter.
> I'm mostly after the plugin.
>
>> BTW, I am wondering: did you do exactly the same for the old cmusieve
>> before? And you didn't encounter any problems?
> With cmusieve, $dovecotdir pointed to .../lib/dovecot, not the source tree.
I have re-enabled the support for compiling dovecot-libsieve against
Dovecot headers:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-libsieve/rev/36e00217bdd2

 From what I've understood from you thus far, this should give you the
ability to compile it again as you did before with cmusieve.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl