[Dovecot] Install Configuring and run.

Thorsten Vollmer thorsten at thvo.de
Fri Nov 7 15:07:29 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 13:31 +0100, Marko Weber wrote:
> Thorsten Vollmer schrieb:
> > On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 17:03 +0100, Marko Weber wrote:
> >> Ok i summarized some things,
> >> maybe any1 can give a comment to it =
> >>
> >> when i restart dovecot i get this =
> >>
> >>  /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
> >> Warning: Growing pool 'settings' with: 8192
> >>  * Stopping dovecot
> >> [ ok ]
> >> Warning: Growing pool 'settings' with: 8192
> >>  * Starting dovecot ...
> >> Warning: Growing pool 'settings' with: 8192
> >> ILoading modules from directory: /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap
> >> WGrowing pool 'module loader' with: 2048
> >> IModule loaded: /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap/lib90_antispam_plugin.so
> >> IEffective uid=65534, gid=65534, home=
> >> WGrowing pool 'antispam-pool' with:
> >> 2048
> >> [ ok ]
> >>

> >> email-headers of  SPAM tagged mails (spamassassin + pyzor + razor detect
> >> them as spam cause they are spam)
> >> dspam tags the mails like this =
> >>
> >> X-DSPAM RESULT  Innocent
> >> X-DSPAM Confidence 0.8505
> >> X-DSPAM Probability 0.0000
> >>

> >> so, Spamassassin detect them as spam and dspam not ? (to an old mail in
> >> list question , yes i trained ca 10.000 spam mails against some not spam).
> >>
> >> because this mail would grown in endless long text i pasted the configs
> >> on web =
> >>
> >> POSTFIX main.cf = http://rafb.net/p/PQy5FN10.html
> >> POSTFIX master.cf = http://rafb.net/p/2l02A087.html
> >> DOVECOT dovecot.conf = http://rafb.net/p/PjvV1h44.html
> >> DSPAM dspam.conf = http://rafb.net/p/7O8lEf46.html
> >>

> > I looked only briefly at the files: You need to set
> > "signatureLocation=headers", but this is unrelated to your current
> > problem.
> >

> >> I use Postfix with "virtual users & domains"
> >>
> >> dspam.debug shows this entries when i send a mail to the server =
> >> http://rafb.net/p/sbEqK070.html
> >>

> > Sending an actual spam message would have been more useful.
>
> i forwarded an spam mail to the server with dspam.
>
> http://rafb.net/p/O7jBCp59.html

Do the results improve if you disable the "naive" statistical algorithm?

You may also try Markovian weighting, but you need to disable
ProcessorBias in that case.

Not all combinations of Tokenizer, PValue, Algorithm and ProcessorBias
result in working setups. Try other ones. But remember that you need to
rebuild the corpus if you change the tokenizer.