[Dovecot] How do I use plus-addressing in Dovecot 1.1.x?

Jon Fullmer jon at jonfullmer.com
Tue Nov 4 03:47:07 EET 2008

I didn't want to inundate the list with too much data. Here's the
output of "dovecot -n". Because I'm paranoid, some parts are
obfuscated with capital Xs:

# 1.1.6: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.27.4 ppc  ext3
protocols: imaps
ssl_cert_file: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ssl_key_file: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_location: maildir:/srv/mail/%d/%n
namespace:
   type: private
   separator: .
   prefix: INBOX.
   inbox: yes
   list: yes
   subscriptions: yes
auth default:
   mechanisms: plain login
   user: XXXXXX
   passdb:
     driver: sql
     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
   userdb:
     driver: static
     args: uid=XXXXXX gid=XXXXX home=/srv/mail/%d/%n allow_all_users=yes
   socket:
     type: listen
     client:
       path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
       mode: 432
       user: XXXXX
       group: XXXXXX
     master:
       path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
       mode: 384
       user: XXXXX

Is there anything else that would be helpful?

  - Jon