[Dovecot] Remote resources in kde-pim

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 16 19:49:23 EET 2008

For some time I have been using dovecot to serve imap mail on my LAN.  Now I
want to add my diary and addressbook in kde-pim.  I have got the docs from
the kde site, but they talk about cyrus, and I'm not able to translate some
bits of the instructions into dovecot ones.  For instance,

"At cyrus level (in the PC that runs IMAP server cyrus, with cyrus tools), we
first need to add the user mary, so it's an IMAP recognised user, and create
an IMAP folder for her"

Can anyone give me a kickstart on this?

On the server box I can see the dimap calendar resource and addressbook
resource, so I now need to be able to tell it to allow certain users to
access it.  This is where I'm coming unstuck, and it looks as though no-one
on the kde-pim list has done this with dovecot.

Anne