[Dovecot] optionnal arguments to ntlm_auth helper

François LEGAL devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Fri Jul 25 14:22:28 EEST 2008

Hello,

I'm setting up (at least I try) to set up network services with single sign on.
I could build and configure dovecat to use samba's ntlm_auth helper to achieve ntlm authentication of imap users.
The point is, I wanted to restrict which users could actually authenticate through ntlm. The ntlm_auth helper has this ability with the --require-membership-of=... command line parameter.
I first tried (unsuccessfully) to add this parameter to the auth_winbind_helper_path token in dovecot.conf, and figured out by checking the source that this was not possible.
I then decided to patch the source so that one can pass any argument to the ntlm_auth helper by specifying at new line in dovecot.conf with the token "auth_winbind_helper_args" (for instance, what I wanted to do is "auth_winbind_helper_args = --require-membership-of=... ")

Well, here comes the patch. It is to be used with recent 1.1.2 release.

Best regards

François