[Dovecot] FTS/squat search indexes built when?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Jul 25 14:00:05 EEST 2008

Patrick Nagel wrote:
> Hi Jay,
>
> On Monday 14 July 2008, Jay Levitt wrote:
>
>> - If I wrote a script to log in and search for something, and ran it every
>> night through cron, would that achieve daily indexing?
>>

> I would be interested in that script, too - are you working on it?

It appears that you can run IMAP commands by piping them into the imap
process - look at some of Timo's previous posts for examples.  I should
think it's a one line to type in the IMAP search command and have it
execute? (implementation left as an exercise for the reader...)

To do it remotely, perl/ruby and most common scripting languages have an
IMAP module which should work well (need to embed a password obviously)

Ed W