[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot/sieve and vacation

Ioannis Aslanidis iaslanidis at flumotion.com
Fri Jul 18 18:57:34 EEST 2008

Hello,

First of all, initial data:

# dovecot --version
1.0.rc15

# dovecot -n
# /etc/dovecot.conf
protocols: imaps pop3s
disable_plaintext_auth: yes
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
login_max_processes_count: 256
login_max_connections: 512
verbose_proctitle: yes
first_valid_uid: 200
last_valid_uid: 200
first_valid_gid: 200
last_valid_gid: 200
mail_location: maildir:%h/Maildir
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks: yes
umask: 7
mail_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3
pop3_uidl_format(default):
pop3_uidl_format(imap):
pop3_uidl_format(pop3): %u
auth default:
  mechanisms: login plain
  user: nobody
  passdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
  userdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode: 432
      user: postfix
      group: postfix
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode: 384
      user: vmail
      group: vmail

I am trying to get a vacation autoresponder to work, but I was not able
to. Everything else is working fine. Spam scripts work, forward scripts
work, ... but vacation does not work.

I have tried different configurations, simple:

require "vacation";
vacation "I am currently testing the vacation autoresponder.";

And a little more complex:

require ["fileinto", "vacation"];
## Move spam to spam folder
if exists "X-Spam-Flag" {
  fileinto "spam.incoming";
  # Stop here so that we do not reply on spams
  stop;
}
vacation
  # Reply at most once a day to a same sender
  :days 1
  :subject "Out of office reply test"
  # List of recipient addresses which are included in the auto replying.
  # If a mail's recipient is not on this list, no vacation reply is sent
for it.
  :addresses ["iaslanidis at flumotion.com"]
  "I'm testing the vacation autoresponder.";

The script gets compiled as I have checked the dates and the
.dovecot.lda-dupes gets created; however, there is no autoreply message.
Additionally, I noticed that my recipient e-mail address gets added to
.dovecot.lda-dupes:

# cat .dovecot.lda-dupes
�
 �H+��
        �,tԾD+���iaslanidis at flumotion.com

And, I also noticed that, if I delete this file and I send an e-mail to
that address, I receive the e-mail duplicated, but only the first time,
before .dovecot.lda-dupes gets created.

I checked the mail headers of the e-mail upon reception and they seem fine:

        d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
        h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to
         :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding
         :content-disposition;
        bh=iMPULXt7n6+6MVu47vQWBga4lMRSIYkfGnO59XcugXQ=;
        b=bLLBZZxblyF2LFTPMXPgVesAM/Ep/P5GwgN7aaGjd7JFVpXBBNU7Mq4OaeNbFZRzIN

jk+wgDl3uvAg3GkhOso7+kxAI+SOe/u8nDBzzCp5muKieMC5xe84gJOh0+bviaaoahDf
         vxKWX9e/BTvBkq1AOTOfTnlHRONQ00aoNza44=
        d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
        h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type
         :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition;
        b=PgczmkJcZnKNF2sIhkrPgtbt9OJaNjYVXeJ5498WjvodyiY97ZQEpTFjXoFrM3RWGI

EsRDyre253LVRbBJIZses3nbJLWGCQ9aebPnJQMQr6I1dnNL8AIqB6oMjIDp43Yjlj30
         muP/LU0PigmTrnsy9+k9kWEy0MRG+ehBBUgn0=