[Dovecot] fs quota check with server does not support rquotad

Ralf Becker beckerr at fh-trier.de
Mon Jul 14 15:33:23 EEST 2008

So my understanding for now is this:

/var/mail
---------
   * has quotas
   * for mailboxes hosted by this file system 'getrootquota' should
     report used/total quota sizes.

/home/h1
--------
   * has or has not quotas. This is the same, because if 'homesvr'
     doesn't support rquota, you can't check or even ignore
     them.
   * for mailboxes hosted by this file system 'getrootquota' should
     report nothing.

If this is correct, this problem should be covered by a patch I've send
to Timo two days ago. You may have a look at this:

http://dovecot.markmail.org/message/7e6bev4l3hen57ii?q=Multiple+quota+roots+with+quota-fs+backend

Ralf

Grandy Fu schrieb:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>
>> I think you should find out why that happens. Did you see Ralf's mail
>> about those questions?
>>
> I just did it, and replied in another mail.
>>

>> noenforcing only makes Dovecot not verify quota when adding new mails.
>> And I just did a quick test - it didn't.
>>
> Actually, that is what I need, adding new mails without verifying quota.
> If it is not working, it will be a pity.
>
> My requirement is simple. I have multiple mount points for different
> mail folders, there are mount points need to check "fs" quota, and
> ignore the rest. I though "noenforcing" is for such purpose, but seem not.
>

> Grandy

   Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
   (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
   Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

   Mail:   beckerr at fh-trier.de                    Fon: +49 651 8103 499
   WWW:    http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr        Fax: +49 651 8103 214