[Dovecot] dbox and quota question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 12 14:58:57 EEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 13:29 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Hi all,
> i am asking myself
> how quota is done with dbox in a virtual setup
> with having quotas in sql
>
> dove 1.1.1
> says quota maildir: No maildir storages, ignoring quota
> lda means quota maildir: No maildir storages, ignoring quota
> which is right
>
> i dont wanna use dict ,

Maildir++ quota can be used only with Maildir. It would be possible to
keep quota in Maildir++ compatible maildirsize file, but there's no code
to do that yet and I wasn't planning on implementing it anytime soon.

> i only wanna use the qutoas out of sql crated by
> postfixadmin

What does this mean? Does it create the maildirsize files? Can't you
have Dovecot look up the limits from SQL itself in user_query?