[Dovecot] Can I stop users from creating and renaming folders?

Anders mail at flac.kalibalik.dk
Fri Jul 4 12:39:47 EEST 2008

Linspeed wrote:

> Anders-19 wrote:

>> I think this might help: http://wiki.dovecot.org/ACL

> I've added this line to my configuration:
>
> plugin {
>   acl = vfile:/etc/dovecot/acls
> }
>
> And I have /etc/dovecot/acls as follows:

Read the wiki more closely. I think your file is fine, but it is in a
wrong location.

The acl parameter is a directory. Inside that directory, you name the ACL
files the same as the mailbox that they apply to. However, as this is a
configuration for a single user, you may want to put it into the single
mailbox that it affects.

If you turn on debug logging, you can see all the ACL files that Dovecot
tries to open.

> I'm running Dovecot version 1.0.13

I only tried ACL with 1.1, I do not know whether there are some
limitations in 1.0.

Anders.