[Dovecot] Errors running imaptest with dovecot-1.1.1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 2 18:10:53 EEST 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Joseba Torre wrote:

> - dovecot v1.0.13 compiled with --with-ldap, RHEL4. Command run
> $ imaptest user="imaptest%03d" pass=paquitoelchocolatero
> mbox=dovecot.mbox
> clients=50 seed=321 sort=100 secs=100 2> /dev/null
..
> So it's something like a 10-15% improvement.

Note that imaptest mainly tests CPU usage, not disk I/O because most
of the files will stay in OS cache. The real world performance should
be better than what imaptest shows.

IMAP benchmarking is really hard to do well. :)

> mmap_disable: yes

If indexes are local, there's no need to disable mmap.

> mail_nfs_storage: yes

mail_nfs_storage=yes makes Dovecot slightly slower compared to v1.0
(but fixes problems with multiple NFS client machines).