[Dovecot] number of auth process

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:04:56 EET 2008

The understanding of the high performance server style that dovecot
uses is key here. As well as how the various operating systems deal
with their specific processes. I couldn't find a fast and easy
wikipedia page to link to you, nor am I comfy with linking a specific
page from http://httpd.apache.org and pining dovecot as 'it works like
this', but i am sure there is a solid apache parallel to one of the
apache2.0 types that would work well to describe dovecot and handling
the lda/imap/pop stuff.

On Jan 2, 2008 1:32 AM, Jorge Salamero Sanz <bencer at cauterized.net> wrote:

> hi there,
>
> what are exactly the differences between
>
> auth_worker_max_count = 30

# Maximum number of dovecot-auth worker processes. They're used to
execute
# blocking passdb and userdb queries (eg. MySQL and PAM). They're
# automatically created and destroyed as needed.
#auth_worker_max_count = 30

> and
>
> auth default {
>   count = 1
> }

# Number of authentication processes to create
#count = 1

--
Gabriel Millerd