[Dovecot] links causing dovecot endless search through user's homedirs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 29 20:20:06 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 12:19 -0500, Paul Letta wrote:

> Since I can't get a hold of my users and make them all put their imap
> folders in /home/username/mail and configure dovecot to just search
> there...

Couldn't you do this automatically? Move all files that look like mboxes
to mail/ directory.

> Is there a way to tell dovecot to ignore links ?

Attached a patch, but I don't really like the idea of adding a setting
for it. It could give a false sense of security since it only changes
mailbox listing, the symlinks are still followed if the mailboxes are
selected.