[Dovecot] deliver & procmail

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Thu Feb 28 06:44:38 EET 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Carsten Henkel wrote:
>
>> DELIVER=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver
>> :0 w
>> | $DELIVER Maildir
>
> There shouldn't be Maildir in there. deliver reads dovecot.conf to
> figure out where your mails are located.

Sorry for jumping in this thread.  I am currently using Dovecot as my
IMAP and POP server.  I am using Sendmail as my MTA and Procmail as my
LDA.  Would I gain anything by using Deliver through Procmail like the
above example is?  My server is just a small home server with very
little e-mail traffic.

Thanks,
Jeff