[Dovecot] Follow-up re: gcc 2.96 - Re: PATCH: compile dovecot-1.1.beta14 with gcc 2.95

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Feb 27 23:46:47 EET 2008

Well, for me, it's a vast number of boxes deployed and often maintained by
others that are running stabling for 8+ years making the nuance of upgrading
to a newer version of GCC fairly mute from a lay persons perspective.
Seriously, how can you argue with a non-technical user that their box
installed in 2001 has a "problem" when everything is working "fine"?

Plus it annoys Timo and that's just an extra bonus ;-)

regards,
KAM