[Dovecot] How to prevent deleting mail by mailer?

Wen Guangcheng on.kousei at yes.nttcom.ne.jp
Mon Feb 25 10:54:34 EET 2008

Hi,
I have just upgraded my dovecot to the latest  release/stable version(1.0.10)
and added "mail_plugins = acl" in protocal imap class of dovecot.conf file.
In order to make emails in /home/foo/Maildir read-only to foo, I wrote a
dovecot-acl file under /home/foo/Maildir and put "user=foo rl" in the file.
Is that OK? But unfortunately emails in /home/foo/Maildir still can be deleted
by foo. Have I missed something in my configration? I am a novice at dovecot
and ACL. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Wen