[Dovecot] sieve problem

mikkel at euro123.dk mikkel at euro123.dk
Fri Feb 22 11:48:50 EET 2008

> .dovecot.sieve compile correctly into .dovecot.sievec
>
> But I keep getting this error in dovecot-deliver.log:
>
> deliver(vazi at neobytesolutions.com.europa): Info: sieve runtime error:
> Fileinto:
> Generic Error
> deliver(vazi at neobytesolutions.com.europa): Error:
> sieve_execute_bytecode(/var/spool/mail/sieve-scripts/vazi at neobytesolutions.com.europa//.dovecot.sievec)
> failed
>
> What is the problem?

Dovecot/Sieve tends to throw this error in the log if a message is
delivered to a user that is over quota.
In that case you should see this message followed by a "user over quota"
message in the log (and an "e-mail undeliverable" reply would normally be
sent to the sender).
The messages vary a bit in different versions though.

Other than that I don't know what could cause it.

Also the errors are better the newer the version of dovecot (upgrading may
help in that regard).

Regards, Mikkel