[Dovecot] procmail deliver and envelope-to

Klaus Ethgen Klaus at Ethgen.de
Thu Feb 21 13:10:51 EET 2008

Hi mouss,

Am Do den 21. Feb 2008 um  0:55 schrieb mouss:
> the problem is not posting to the list. As long as you get the CC, it's ok.
> I only meant that it is possible that you don't receive an offlist message,
> for example because some server or gateway on your side uses a blocklist or
> play "discard me" games. I've already got bounces in such cases (when I
> post via my home ISP) and this doesn't get me in a good mood:)

Ah, since the last problem years ago I switched to do all mail handling
by myself. I never ever use a smarthost of my ISP. I have my own.

>> Ah, that's true for well formed mailing lists like made with mailman or
>> majordomo. But there are many mailing lists out in the wild where you
>> have no other change than the "plussed" address to select them out. (The
>> example might be unclear as the gimp-devel list is well formed.
>
> then you'll need to find such an example :)

Sorry, it is not all open to public. :-) But simply look at the exchange
disease. (german: Austauschkrankheit)

> The following seems to work for every list I've seen (by order of my
> personal preferences):
>
> - List-Id
> - List-Post
> - List-Owner
> - Sender
> - Return-Path
> - To or Cc

Sure, works in most of the cases. But there are some where it will not
work:

- - exchange thing
- - Users who reply by direct mail but you wish to have that mails in the
  mailinglist folder
- - Ill lists
- - Users who reply to the list *and* to me (double mails) which I wish to
  have all in the mailinglist folder (Like I do with this mail. :-)
- - ...

Well, procmail is called by exim the same way than they might call
deliver direct. There must be a way to pass the envelope information to
deliver when using it in a pipe from procmail.?

Regards
   Klaus Ethgen
- --
Klaus Ethgen                            http://www.ethgen.de/
pub  2048R/D1A4EDE5 2000-02-26 Klaus Ethgen <Klaus at Ethgen.de>
Fingerprint: D7 67 71 C4 99 A6 D4 FE  EA 40 30 57 3C 88 26 2B