[Dovecot] procmail deliver and envelope-to

Klaus Ethgen Klaus at Ethgen.de
Wed Feb 20 23:56:16 EET 2008

Hi mouss,

Am Mi den 20. Feb 2008 um 21:57 schrieb mouss:
>> first of all, please reply private as I am not subscribed to the list.
>> But if this question takes to much traffic I can subscribe.
>
> the problem with non members is that some server in the path may discard or
> bounce our mail, and they won't get it.

I cannot follow completely. What is the difference if the mail is
manually approved than that the people is member of the list?

>> (not envelope send which has been addressed earlier). But As I use the
>> '+'-Feature the envelope to will be the one interesting for me.
>>
>> For example, I am subscribed to the mailing list gimp-devel with
>> klaus+gdev at ethgen.de. So I want to use:
>>    require ["fileinto", "imapflags", "subaddress", "envelope"];
>>    if envelope :detail :is "To" "gdev"
>>    {
>>       fileinto "Mailinglisten.gimp-devel";
>>       stop;
>>    }
>
> why not use a header specific to the list instead of your address? I mean
> something like:
>
> if header :contains "List-Id" "<gimp-developer.lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>" {
>         fileinto "Mailinglisten.gimp-devel";
>         stop;
> }
>
> This is independent on your address. so if you ever change the subscribed
> address, you won't need to change the rule. and if other users on your
> system need a similar processing, they can copy the rule.

Ah, that's true for well formed mailing lists like made with mailman or
majordomo. But there are many mailing lists out in the wild where you
have no other change than the "plussed" address to select them out. (The
example might be unclear as the gimp-devel list is well formed.

Regards
   Klaus Ethgen
- --
Klaus Ethgen                            http://www.ethgen.de/
pub  2048R/D1A4EDE5 2000-02-26 Klaus Ethgen <Klaus at Ethgen.de>
Fingerprint: D7 67 71 C4 99 A6 D4 FE  EA 40 30 57 3C 88 26 2B