[Dovecot] Set up shared mailboxes for secretary-boss-relationship

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 19 13:12:37 EET 2008

On Feb 18, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> My idle solution would be to create some name space or a special
> "shared" directory in the secretary's Maildir/home dir and symlink
> the Maildir of all the "boss"'s Maildir roots.

That should work. Or you could symlink them directly into your boss's
maildir.

> Because only the "secretary" shall use/see the definition, I'm not
> to make one namespace per relationship, but predefine one namespace
> and issue the path via userdb, right?

Right. Or use a post-login scripting to test if ~/Maildir/shared
exists and then define the namespace. Or define the namespace in
dovecot.conf and use post-login script to drop it if it's not found.
I've in my TODO that Dovecot could do this dropping automatically if
some setting is enabled (optional=yes or something).

> Are there some differences in v1.1 in this aspect?

I don't think so.