[Dovecot] ldaps support in dovecot-ldap.conf?

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Mon Feb 18 12:11:33 EET 2008

El Friday 15 February 2008 19:07:08 Timo Sirainen escribió:
> Dovecot doesn't know anything about ldaps, and it doesn't need to know.
> It's entirely up to the LDAP library to support it. Anyway as far as I
> know ldaps connections should work with Dovecot and OpenLDAP, I've never
> tried to use them myself though.

From my dovecot-ldap.conf:

uris = ldaps://ldap1.ehu.es ldaps://ldap2.ehu.es ldaps://ldap3.ehu.es

It works fine, and if ldap1 doesn't respond, it goes with ldap2. All the
servers are RHEL4.

In my experience, most problems with ldaps:// connecitions are certificate
related. Try adding something like

TLS_REQCERT     allow

to your /etc/openldap/ldap.conf, and if that works, the problem is with your
certificates, and you'll need something like

TLS_CACERT      /etc/openldap/cacerts/yourcert.pem

in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf

HTH
--
Joseba Torre. CIDIR Bizkaia.