[Dovecot] The function that returns existance of the user.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Feb 17 22:46:10 EET 2008

On Feb 17, 2008, at 10:37 PM, Вострухин Максим wrote:

> I'm changing the source code of Dovecot and I need of the function
> which only returns existanse of the user and doesn't do anything
> else. What function I should use? Thanks.

There's no such function. In fact with some setups (passdb PAM +
userdb static) it's not even possible.

Maybe the closest thing you can use is doing a userdb lookup and
seeing if it returns anything (but that still assumes you're not using
userdb static). But in which process do you want to do this? In
dovecot-auth you can modify src/auth/* directly, with others you'd
have to use connect to dovecot-auth's master UNIX socket.