[Dovecot] --disable-ipv6 does not work

Heiko Schlichting heiko at FU-Berlin.DE
Sun Feb 17 17:36:16 EET 2008

Timo,

> Thanks, fixed. I also added code to make sure configure fails if
> --enable-ipv6 is explicitly used.

Thanks.

> But why do you want to disable IPv6 support? I had been thinking about
> removing the option completely.

I just want to prevent that someone activates IPv6 by mistake on one of
our production servers as long as our firewalls and monitoring for IPv6 are
not on the same level as they are for IPv4.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko at FU-Berlin.DE       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin