[Dovecot] quota doesn't work?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 15 14:58:20 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 13:30 +0100, Mauro Sanna wrote:
> I'm using dovecot 1.0.rc15 with debian etch.

I'd suggest upgrading to a newer version. backports.org has v1.0.10 for
etch.

>         In dovecot.conf I have set
>         mail_plugins = quota imap_quota for imap
>         mail_plugins = quota for pop3
>         and quota = maildir:storage=10240.
>         I seems that it doesn't work 'cause I send messages over 10M and
>         it
>         doesn't block my maildir box.
>         I have to do something more?

What do you mean by "send"? If you mean messages sent via SMTP, it
doesn't work because it's your SMTP server that saves the mail and
Dovecot never even sees it until it's already saved to the mailbox.

You may want to look into Dovecot's mail delivery agent and configure it
also to use quota: http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA