[Dovecot] [patch] make <chroot>/./<home> a config option.

Diego Liziero diego.liziero at comune.carpi.mo.it
Fri Feb 15 14:40:08 EET 2008

Hi,
I think that the wu-ftp style chroot /./ should be a configurable
option.

In our servers we have some home directories in /chroot-web/./username
(where web users can upload their web sites in a chrooted environment)
and all imap mail in /mail-disk/username.

We are planning a dovecot migration from our modified version of uw-imap
and we noticed that the chroot in /chroot-web/ can't be disabled.

This patch adds the bool option home_slash_dot_slash_chroot (feel free
to change this name to something easier to understand). Setting this to
"no" disables the wu-ftp style /./ chroot.

I hope this feature can be considered useful and soon included in
dovecot.

Regards,
Diego Liziero.