[Dovecot] Sieve script not seen

Hervé Hénoch h.henoch at isc84.org
Wed Feb 13 11:47:40 EET 2008

Hello,

Version : 1.0.10
Dovecot -n :
# 1.0.10: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imap pop3
ssl_disable: yes
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3-login
first_valid_uid: 100
last_valid_uid: 5000
first_valid_gid: 100
last_valid_gid: 5000
mail_extra_groups: mail
mail_location: maildir:/mnt/virtual/mail/%d/%n
mail_executable(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/pop3
pop3_uidl_format(default):
pop3_uidl_format(imap):
pop3_uidl_format(pop3): %08Xu%08Xv
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  passdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  userdb:
    driver: passwd
  userdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  socket:
    type: listen
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode: 384
      user: vmail
      group: vmail

I want to use sieve so the first step I have done is to run "deliver" in
master.cf. I'va no problem with this : mail a dropped locally with
deliver program.

So, I've written a .dovecot.sieve script in the home directory of a user
(which is the same of is mailbox directory) , I'be enabled sieve plugin :

 protocol lda {
  # Address to use when sending rejection mails.
  postmaster_address = postmaster at testisc84.org

  # Hostname to use in various parts of sent mails, eg. in Message-Id.
  # Default is the system's real hostname.
  hostname = vsmail.isc84.org

  # Support for dynamically loadable plugins. mail_plugins is a space
separated
  # list of plugins to load.
  #mail_plugins =
  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda

  # Binary to use for sending mails.
  sendmail_path = /usr/lib/sendmail

  # UNIX socket path to master authentication server to find users.
  auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

  # Enabling Sieve plugin for server-side mail filtering
  mail_plugins = cmusieve
 }

and reloaded dovecot. When I send a mail the script is not compiled (no
.dovecot.sievec) and so not executed. An idea ?

A question : how can I specify the home directory in dovecot.conf  ?

Regards.