[Dovecot] Can't get apop to work.

Thu Feb 7 12:41:08 EET 2008

Greg Lorriman, on 2/7/2008 12:32 AM, said the following:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm fairly new to linux so this message may reflect that.
>
> dovecot info (running on CentOS 5.0):

As with any software issues, you should always provide basic info for
everything, not just platform - like, in this case, dovecot version &
FULL dovecot -n output

Also, you didn't say if this is a new installation or if you're
migrating from something.

> protocols: pop3s
> listen:
> ssl_cert_file: /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
> ssl_key_file: /etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
> login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
> login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
> mail_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
> mail_plugin_dir: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3
> pop3_uidl_format: %v.%u

Looks like you're using an old version... you'll need to upgrade. The
new default format for POP3 is:

pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv

Have you even read the wiki? I think thats where you need to start...

http://wiki.dovecot.org/FrontPage

--

Best regards,

Charles