[Dovecot] GETQUOTAROOT (part 2)

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Sat Aug 30 18:57:39 EEST 2008

Words by Patrick Medina [Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 08:45:43AM -0700]:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a recent convert to dovecot from courier-imap and the
> performance has certainly improved.  I'm running the vanilla
> 1.0.7 version that came with the CentOS 5.2 x86_64 distro.
>
> I've come across a similar problem that was posted by Ralf
> Hildebrandt earlier this year under the same subject, but
> that thread just seems to have died off.  I'm also using per-
> user maildirsize files (originally run under courier-imap)
> but these are not being read/enforced/updated for some
> users.
>
> After some testing with these users, the problem seems to be
> related to the size of the maildirsize file itself.  A file
> size greater than 5119 bytes results in no quota for the INBOX
> of the user, and the file seems to be ignored entirely by
> dovecot.

If the maildirsize is >= 5120 bytes the quota is recalculated and a new
maildirsize should appear. But there should be a quota, of course.
Anyway I never seen that behaviour. Can you upgrade to a recent
(1.1.something) dovecot version and see if it happens also?

--
Jose Celestino | http://japc.uncovering.org/files/japc-pgpkey.asc